Please make sure you complete your assignments in this workbook on time, before your next class, so that you do not fall behind.
Upcoming assignments will automatically unlock for you as we work our way through the course.
This course is designed to give students a stronger foundation in drawing – starting with traditional charcoal, then transitioning to digital tools.
Required Bargue Tools:
- Charcoal Pencils (not graphite pencils)
- 1- 2H hard charcoal pencil
- 1- 2B medium charcoal pencil
- 1- 6B soft charcoal pencil
- Kneadable Eraser
- Recommended Paper: Strathmore 400 series 18 x 24 inches Drawing Pad, white
- Alternative: Good quality thicker white paper, not printer paper or kraft paper, the texture must not be too smooth or too rough.
- Wooden skewer or similar (for measuring)
You may use additional charcoal drawing tools not mentioned here, these are just the minimum needed.
- PC or Mac
- Drawing tablet (Huion or Wacom brand, built-in screen is recommended)
- Clip Studio Paint or Photoshop
- Apple Pencil
- Procreate App
You must already have experience using, and be comfortable with your digital tools and digital drawing program of choice by the time we reach class #5. This is not a software/technology course. We want to make sure you’re ready for class!
If you would like to continue drawing classes beyond 5 months, just let Sarah know! 🙂