Required Bargue Tools:
- Charcoal Pencils (not graphite pencils)
- 1- 2H hard charcoal pencil
- 1- 2B medium charcoal pencil
- 1- 6B soft charcoal pencil
- Kneadable Eraser
- Recommended Paper: Strathmore 400 series 18 x 24 inches Drawing Pad, white
- Alternative: Good quality thicker white paper, not printer paper or kraft paper, the texture must not be too smooth or too rough.
- Wooden skewer or similar (for measuring)
You may use additional charcoal drawing tools not mentioned here, these are just the minimum needed.
- PC or Mac
- Drawing tablet (Huion or Wacom brand, built-in screen is recommended)
- Clip Studio Paint or Photoshop
- Apple Pencil
- Procreate App
You must already have experience using, and be comfortable with your digital tools and digital drawing program of choice. This is not a software/technology course. We want to make sure you’re ready for class!
By registering for this course and initiating the tuition payment, you agree to the following:
Students will receive instruction on key ideas and principles, assignments with critiques and encouragement, individually tailored advice, and what to work on to improve. Our goal is to share with students the accumulative knowledge of a group of experienced art instructors. Students will learn to develop their skills in 1. Training the eye to draw. 2. Paint and shade digitally with accuracy with a traditional approach. 3. Learning the importance of shape, values, edges, and color temperature and textures 4. Working with clients, creating a portfolio, and exploring styles to further improve. The result is that each student will become more satisfied with the results of creating a finished work of art.
Terms and Conditions
Students will commence payment for the monthly tuition prior to gaining access to the online classroom space, live classes, and coordinating course workbook. The tuition is $35USD per class, which comes to $70USD per student per month, and is paid over 19 consecutive months. Payment for classes with Sarah de Jager is made through this website only.
2. Missed Lessons
If the student cannot make a class, they will be able to catch up by watching the recorded video replay of the class and complete the coordinating assignments in their course workbook. Because the class and materials will be available to you, even if you miss the live class, there will not be a refund. Students will be able to watch the recording of their live class a few days after the class date, when it is posted.
3. Additional/Private Lessons
Depending on the instructor’s availability, additional lessons may be scheduled at $30USD for 30mins, or $50USD for 60mins. They may be scheduled according to the instructor’s available time slots. Terms and conditions regarding Fees (1) and Missed Lessons (2) are still applicable.
4. Termination of Agreement
Lessons are paid for on a month-to-month basis. A decision to discontinue lessons may be taken by the student/parent/guardian or the instructor. In the event of an enrollment termination where the monthly tuition has already been paid, there will not be a refund.
5. Media, Photos, and Authorization
- The student/parent/guardian will not to make copies of any material given unless authorized by the instructor.
- No audio/visual recordings are permitted. A recording of the class will be provided after each lesson and will be available until the next class.
- Using any material from your instructor or from the course material for the purpose of sharing, distributing, selling, or using to create or develop your own classes, is not permitted. Screenshots/photography for personal use are permitted, but must not include the names or images of other students or their work.
- It is your responsibility to purchase a suitable device and program for learning and any other supplies needed. Advice is given on what is most suitable for different stages of your development by the instructor.
- Have your software and drawing tablet installed and set up prior to the commencement of this course. You must have suitable basic knowledge of the program and device you are using before the commencement of your classes. The instructor will only be able to offer basic advice according to each program as this is not a device/software/technology course.
- Take an active interest in the material studied and submit your assignments on time. These classes are scheduled 2 weeks apart in order for you to pace your workflow and spend enough time developing your skills. You will get returns on the amount of effort you put into your studies.
- Please be on time for your lessons. Arrive a few minutes early in order to be prepared to get the most out of the allotted lesson time. Classes cannot run past their 1-hour time slot
- Test your devices prior to the class to prevent any connectivity issues. You may need to be directly plugged into your internet system rather than rely on wifi.
- Be proactive in developing your artistic skills.
This Agreement is subject to the terms and conditions stated here and may only be varied with the agreement of both parties. By registering for and initiating tuition payment, you agree to the conditions above and to work with your assigned instructor.